Professional Standards

In the rare instance something doesn’t go quite right in the process, there are a few steps you can take if you have a question or problem.

  • Contact your REALTOR®. Many situations can be resolved through open and frank communication.
  • Contact your REALTOR®’s broker. Your concerns may not yet have been brought to the attention of the broker. Brokers welcome the opportunity to address concerns and to facilitate a continued good working relationship with you. Brokers are concerned with the reputations of their own offices, as such matters impact all REALTORS® who work there.
  • Contact the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA), which regulates the real estate industry, if there is an alleged violation of the Real Estate Act.

Examples of complaints to be investigated by the Real Estate Council of Alberta are:

For more information or if you have any questions, please call the RAE Industry Standards & Practice Department at 780.451.6666.